Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

Las Vegas Nevada Temple

We had the opportunity to visit the temple this week since it reopened.  It felt good to go and do temple service.  We haven't been to the temple since May when we were in Canada. We try to go at least once a month, but it's been hard to get there because we have Caleigh. My friend Anna was able to babysit her though, and she was such a good girl. She didn't even cry once.  We're so blessed to have such a good baby :)  
We did an endowment session followed by a sealing session.  This was the first time Greg & I had done a sealing session since our own temple sealing, and it was such a good feeling to be able to do the work for the dead.  We sealed husbands and wives as well as children to their parents.  How great this work is...to be able to help families be together forever.  As I sat in the celestial room, I pondered this and was so grateful for all the blessings that have come into my life since I joined the church.  
Going to the temple also helped us prepare talks we had to give in church today.  The topic I was given was on how my life has been blessed through temple attendance.  How convenient, right?  My family is the biggest blessing I could ever have and being sealed together for all eternity brings such peace in my life.  Greg's talk was on how the temple is a gift from God.  God's greatest gift to man is eternal life and the temple helps provide the way back home to our Father in heaven.  The talks went well and even though we were both nervous, we're glad we had the opportunity to share our story and bear our testimonies. (We're also glad it's over.) 

3 comments:

Nelson Family Album said...

I'm so glad you left me a comment so I can check out your blog! The Mexican Restaurant is Lindo Machoacan (sp?) off Dessert Inn and Eastern. I think a few of us should plan a trip for lunch! By the way, LOVE the pictures of Caleigh in the "princess" post...

Kelly said...

Thanks for reminding me that I really need to get to the temple.

Our Happily Ever After said...

If you need a sitter for the boys while you're at the temple, you can always bring them here Kelly. Just let me know:)