Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For



We celebrated Thanksgiving a day early since Greg had to go to work on Thanksgiving Day. Dinner was excellent! I started cooking the turkey Wednesday afternoon at 1pm and had everything ready by 5:30. I was in charge of the stuffing, gravy, the candied yams, rolls & cranberry sauce, while Greg made his famous garlic mashed potatoes. Yum! I had planned on just having my parents over for dinner, but a few things changed. My dad was sick & couldn't make it, but my Aunt Cynthia came with my mom & we had family friends in town from LA, so I invited them over as well. It turned out to be a nice little get together. We started dinner with a blessing over the food and before anyone could start their meal, each person had to tell us at least one thing they were thankful for.
There is so much to be grateful for in my life. I feel so blessed to have the family that I do. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. Greg is such a wonderful & understanding husband. He works hard for our family and I'm grateful he puts up with me. I was a bit stressed getting dinner ready, and I do tend to get snippy from time to time (I have to work on that), but he just grins and bears it. I love him to death! TJ is an official teenager now, so he has his moments, but I'm grateful for the times when he tries to do his best. He made the pumpkin pie all on his own & it was pretty tasty. I was impressed. Caleigh is just a doll. I thank Heavenly Father every day for sending this little angel down to us. She makes me smile all the time! Her newest thing is pointing and saying "oooh." It's the cutest thing. I'm grateful I can stay home with her and watch her grow. It's just amazing!
Everyone enjoyed their dinner and it was so nice being able to visit with everybody. I'm grateful they all could make it & that it was a success. Next year, Thanksgiving dinner at our place again, but next time...in South Dakota. You're all welcome.

No comments: