Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

Last week we decided to take an impromptu trip to Las Vegas.
We left late Monday night, drove 25 hours, and arrived at my parent's doorstep Tuesday evening. They had no idea we were coming. My mom was in complete shock, but very happy to see us.
Wednesday night we had dinner with my cousin Jen & her family at TGIF's. She was pretty surprised that we were in town, too, considering we just left two months ago. Luckily we were able to visit because the next day she was leaving town. Caleigh had a fun time playing with her cousins Payton & Nicholas, and I'm glad we were all able to get together.
The following day was a HOT one, so what better way to spend the day than at the pool with some friends. Caleigh & I got together with Jolyn, Nicole & her boys, Dylan & Dalton and cooled off at the pool. The kids had a great time in the water & enjoyed feeding each other cookies.
Friday afternoon, we had lunch with Melissa, Rachel & Adri at one of my favorite places in Vegas...Thai BBQ. I always have cravings for Thai food when I'm pregnant & they definitely have the best Thai food, by far!!! I indulged in their Beef Satay & couldn't resist on the Thai Ice Tea. Bad...but oh, soooooo good!!!
On Saturday, I left Caleigh at home with Greg & did some shopping with my mom & Aunt Mila. We bought some stuff for the baby & stocked up on some Filipino goodies (pan de sal, pan de ube, & ensaymada) from the the bakery. When we got back, my mom made some yummy adobo & had TJ over for dinner. It was good seeing him again & Caleigh had a blast playing with her big brother. We sure do miss him!!
Sunday night we left Vegas, once again. But before we left, we went to church and were able to visit with some old friends at the Sunset Ward. It was really great being back & seeing everyone. Caleigh, of course, couldn't sit still for Sacrament Meeting, so when we were out in the halls, she was able to get some play time in with her old pal Eli. They are just a few weeks apart and it was his first day in nursery. I wish we could have stayed longer so they could have played more...maybe next time.
All in all, it was wonderful to see everyone & visit with family & friends.
I could have done without the heat, but what did I expect...it is Vegas!
Well, we look forward to our next trip...hopefully soon. Miss you all!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey, I've seen that kid before.

Karen said...

Oh I'm sad we weren't there that week to see you guys!