Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Vegas Trip

Okay...it feels like it's been forever since my last post. Well, it's November already...where did this year go? We began this Fall with yet another trip to Vegas. We arrived there towards the end of September and was able to fly TJ out from Florida for his birthday, as well. I could not believe how much he had grown since the last time we saw him. He is taller than me now!!! Who said he could grow up and do that??? My once "little man" is now fifteen years old. One more year and he'll be driving...I am definitely not ready for that!!!
Here's my boy doin what he loves best...playing guitar. I'm so impressed with how well he plays now. While in Vegas, I took him to Guitar Center and he bought himself a ukulele with his birthday money and is teaching himself to play that now. Great job, son!
And here are the little ones enjoying some playful time with Nicole & the boys, Auntie Jo & Lola & Lolo. Our little visit sure did pick up my dad's spirits. He had not been feeling well since he was in the hospital for congestive heart failure. He seemed so down & out whenever I had talked to him on the phone, but once he saw his grandchildren, he sure did light up. Glad we were able to see him smile, and hope he continues to get better.
We were able to stay at the Orleans again thanks to a comp from my parents, and took advantage of the beautiful weather by hanging out at the pool with friends. Caleigh had fun in the water with Auntie Jolyn, and Luda spent some "quality time" with her little boyfriend Chance. TJ's friend Courtney also joined us for some fun in the sun. Glad it wasn't so hot though...Vegas in the fall is perfect!
We met up with Rachel & Melissa one day at Cheeburger Cheeburger. They have the best burgers! TJ ordered the "Famous Pounder," and surprised us all by finishing the entire thing. Afterwards, he got his pic taken with this huge burger which they placed on their Wall of Famers. Way to go, Teej... but how do you stay soooooo skinny?
And what's a trip to Vegas without friends. I'm so glad my friends from California were able to come out to see us while we were there. We met at The M Resort & Casino for dinner at the buffet. That was hands down the best buffet I had ever been to. It was all so delicious! The only bad thing was that I couldn't try everything!! Thanks for the good food & the good times Gina, Maria & Shirley!!!
While in town, we got a chance to celebrate my cousin Jen's birthday, also. We always love visiting with her and the family. The kids love playing with their cousins and Jen makes the best meals :) Who needs to go out to eat, when Jen cooks awesome homemade meals! This time around, she made us some gourmet mushroom swiss burgers that were to die for. Loved it...thanks, cuz!
I'm grateful for all the time spent with our family & friends. It's always a joy seeing you all. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. Until next time...

No comments: