Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Feeling Like a Bear in Hibernation

It seems like this winter has lasted forever!!! There's been lots of snow thanks to Old Man Winter. There was a point where the weather started to warm up & melt the snow we had here in good ole South Dakota, then Mother Nature decided she wanted to throw more snow & cold weather our way. That darn groundhog even told us that spring would come early, but I guess he's never experienced weather in the Dakotas.

Lately, we've been cooped up in our nice, warm home, but today I had a doctor's appointment for my Glucose Test (YUCK!!!) & had to go to town. Here is my darling husband shoveling our walk for us & a pic of the road on the way to town. As pretty as it is, I've had just about enough of all this white stuff!!! Can't wait for warmer weather!!!


Another thing I can't wait for is to pop out this baby. Tomorrow marks 28 weeks into this pregnancy...that means HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER! That also means the end of that "good" second trimester feeling, and onto the unpleasant back aches, heartburn, swollen hands & feet, shortness of breath, fatigue & frequent trips to the bathroom that the last trimester calls for. It's actually been a pretty good pregnancy. I shouldn't complain. I had no morning sickness the first trimester and have felt quite good this second trimester. Now I just hope pulling into the homestretch of this pregnancy won't be too uncomfortable. We are really looking forward to meeting our new little one though. The kids came to our first ultrasound appointment last month & were really excited to see the pictures & hear the baby's heartbeat. Since then, they love feeling mommy's tummy & blowing raspberry kisses to their new little baby brother or sister. It's the cutest!!!


I have been considerably lazy these last few months, but I have good reason, don't I? Trying to keep up with two little rugrats who get into everything, while carrying another one in the womb is a tough job. I hardly have any time for myself. Anyway, here are a few pics of the fam since Christmas...
Christmas in Canada
Family Pic 2011
Chancie Pants
Our Birthday Girl Caleigh
(Still can't believe she's 3!!!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow. That looks like paradise. I am jealous. We have to deal with 70 degrees, with a slight breeze around here. Poor me, huh? Sounds like you are doing great and your kids are sooooo darling!