
Welcome the newest addition to our family...Caden Trey Robertson. Our little fella decided to wait until a day before his due date to make his spectacular arrival. He made his way into this world May 31, 2011 at 10:48pm weighing 8 lb, 1 oz, and 20 3/4 inches long.
It was a Tuesday afternoon when I first felt my contractions kick in. They felt like the regular Braxton Hicks contractions, but by 5pm, they were getting stronger and about 5-7 minutes apart. I figured this was it, so I got a shower in, packed my bags, called the hospital, arranged for the sitter to watch the kids, and headed into town. By the time we arrived at the hospital, it was 8 pm- just in time to watch the 1st game of the NBA Finals. Greg was happy about that-something to watch while we waited, since all my labors lasted more than 12 hours. When the nurse checked me, I was dilated to 5cm. 5cm!!! Wow!!! Things were progressing nicely. We decided that we were going to go natural this time around...so, no pitocin, no epidural. (I did however opt for some Nubain to help take the edge off the contractions-I'm not completely crazy!) By 9 pm, I was at 8cm, but my water had not broke yet. There was so much pressure on my lower back, but luckily my wonderful hubby was there to help massage the pain away. He even turned the game off once it was getting closer to push. Isn't he great?!! The doctor broke my water, and then it was time! Time to push. I thought to myself...This is great! No long labor. Just a little while longer and we'll be able to meet and hold our precious angel.
Then, the anxiety I felt turned into fear. I pushed, and when I did, the doctor told me that I delivered the umbilical cord first. Not a good sign. It was a cord prolapse meaning they would have to do an emergency C-section to get the baby out as soon as possible. I was in tears. I looked up to see Greg and told him I needed him with me. Everything happened so fast...the doctor had to put the cord back in, since it is the lifeline between me and baby, then we were wheeled into the elevator, where they told Greg he could not come with. I cried even more. How could I do this without him? I was absolutely terrified! I told him I loved him, then said a prayer that everything would be okay. I remember getting to the operating room and being so scared. They had to use a general anesthetic to put me to sleep. The last thing I remember was them placing a drape over my head and having me breathe deeply for the anesthesia to work.
The next thing I know, I'm waking up with my entire body trembling and my throat killing me. They had to put a tube down my throat to help me breathe during surgery, hence the cottonmouth. I really wanted a drink of water, but all they could give me were ice chips. Better than nothing, I guess. And then, the nurse let me know that everything was okay. Thank goodness! They got the baby out and he was fine. HE!! That meant it was...a BOY!!! I was so relieved. Although I was still in a lot of pain, knowing that my son was in good health was all I needed to feel better. The baby was with daddy and that put my mind at ease, as well. I couldn't wait to see him! I was still a bit groggy and don't remember too much, but I do remember getting back to my room after midnight and seeing his beautiful face and being so grateful that he was finally here. He had fought his way into this world, so what better name to give him than Caden...meaning "fighter." And since this is my third boy, we decided his middle name would be Trey...meaning "three." Third one's a charm(er)!!!
The following morning, Greg picked up Caleigh and Chance and brought them to meet their new baby brother. They were super excited! From the moment they saw him, they loved him. They even got a chance to help give Caden a bath! What fun! Nurse Connie rewarded them with a Big Brother and Big Sister sticker along with some snacks for being such good helpers. They liked that!


After a few days of rest at the hospital, Caden and I were ready to go home. Well, sort of. I knew that once we were home, it would be hard to get any rest with two rambunctious toddlers and a brand new newborn. Trying to recover from a C-section while juggling everything else sure wasn't going to be easy either, but since we've been home, Greg has been wonderful with the cooking, cleaning, and helping me get my rest. I still cannot believe I am a mother of four now. Bringing home baby Caden has just been joyful. I look at him and see this beautiful miracle that Heavenly Father has blessed our family with. The kids can't seem to get enough of him and always want to hold and kiss him. I don't blame them...he is a cutie!

Welcome to our family Baby Caden.
We love you so much!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment