So, the day finally came...
4/20/2012...
the day I turned...
40!!!
The Big Four-Oh!
Over the Hill...
Old as Mold...
Older than Dirt..
Just plain...OLD!
4/20/2012...
the day I turned...
40!!!
The Big Four-Oh!
Over the Hill...
Old as Mold...
Older than Dirt..
Just plain...OLD!
Yup, it's official...I am now middle-aged. Ughh!!!
Didn't really have anything big planned for the day. Greg had school in the morning, and we got his sister, Alicia to babysit for us later in the day. We were just going to go to town for dinner and a movie for my birthday and our anniversary. Actually going out on a "date" with just my hubby without the kids is something we rarely get to do, so I was going to enjoy it. We were actually able to sneak out without the kids noticing and crying about it, too. Yes!! But before heading to town, we had to run a "supposed" errand and drop off some cheese at the church. Hmmm? Cheese? Okaaaay. Well, once we got to the church, I knew something was up. There were a few familiar vehicles in the parking lot and I was wondering what all of the family was doing there. When we went inside, it smelled delicious, but all the lights were off. Then Greg opened the door to a dark gym to find everyone there..."SURPRISE!"
Didn't really have anything big planned for the day. Greg had school in the morning, and we got his sister, Alicia to babysit for us later in the day. We were just going to go to town for dinner and a movie for my birthday and our anniversary. Actually going out on a "date" with just my hubby without the kids is something we rarely get to do, so I was going to enjoy it. We were actually able to sneak out without the kids noticing and crying about it, too. Yes!! But before heading to town, we had to run a "supposed" errand and drop off some cheese at the church. Hmmm? Cheese? Okaaaay. Well, once we got to the church, I knew something was up. There were a few familiar vehicles in the parking lot and I was wondering what all of the family was doing there. When we went inside, it smelled delicious, but all the lights were off. Then Greg opened the door to a dark gym to find everyone there..."SURPRISE!"
They got me! Well, not completely. I did have a feeling that something was going down, but didn't know for sure until we pulled into the church. The kids were even there. (So much for having an evening without them - hahaha!) It was great...the hall was decorated in black and white with "Over the Hill" decorations everywhere. There was food enough food there to feed an army - well, maybe not that much, but enough to fill up the Big Robertson Family! And it was all delicious. I'm lucky to have such wonderful sisters-in-law who know how to throw a good party! It was so much fun. From the food, to the cake, and the decorations and fun gifts, and the games and good company...it was a blast!
No one's ever thrown me a surprise party before, so I was pretty stoked to find that the family cared enough about me to do something so big for my 40th. Here I was throwing myself a pity party over turning 40, when all along I should have been grateful for what I have...a loving husband, beautiful kids, a healthy life, and family and friends who care. I am truly blessed. 40 is FABULOUS!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment