Life really has a way of passing by so quickly. It's especially true when I look at my children.
I think back to when TJ was just a baby and can't believe he is now an adult.
Those 18 years went by in a blink of an eye, that's for sure.
Now, my baby is about to have a baby of his own!
That's right...TJ & his fiancé, Brooke, are expecting a baby girl this May.
When he first told me the news, all I could say was "WOW! WOW! WOOOOOOOW!!!" I couldn't believe it! How could this be happening?(Of course I know how...) I'm just too young to be a "Grandma!" I mean, I just had a baby less than a year ago, and now I'm expecting a grandchild?? That's just WILD!!
The more I think about it though, the more excited I am for them and the next chapter of their lives together. I truly am grateful that TJ found someone to love & care for in Brooke. I haven't met her in person yet, but have chatted & Facetimed with her a few times. She's very sweet and seeing them together makes me very happy. That's what really matters in the "big picture," doesn't it? Seeing your children happy.
Our Heavenly Father has a plan for us...a Plan of Happiness. Life may not always go the way we want it to, but we need to put our trust in Him and know that, like us, He wants his children to be happy. I am thankful for that knowledge. I am thankful that I am a child of God. I am thankful for my life and my family and my children. I am thankful for that little girl who is waiting to be born. I cannot wait to meet you...Nevaeh Jasona Burkhart.













No comments:
Post a Comment