Monday, June 30, 2008

I got TAGGED!


Okay Kelly...thanks! Here you go...

20 YEARS IN THE MAKING

20 YEARS AGO...
  1. Turned 16 years old...ahhh...Sweet Sixteen!
  2. Had to move from Los Angeles to this desert called Las Vegas and hated it cuz there was nothing to do in this town as a teenager.
  3. Got my driver's license...YAY! Got a new car..YAY! (Not really new, but an 86 Toyota Celica...thanks Mom & Dad. Yeah, I was spoiled!)
  4. Loved to cruise the strip on a Friday night. (Pretty silly now that I think about it...driving up and down Las Vegas Blvd doing nothing. Now I just try to avoid it at all costs.)
  5. Got my 1st ticket driving 110mph when I ditched school and decided to head to California for the day. Got my license suspended for a month :(
10 YEARS AGO...
  1. Lived in Delaware. Dela-WHERE??!! Why, you ask? Because my future ex-husband was getting into too much trouble in Sin City (gambling, drugs, etc...)
  2. Lived with my in-laws for a while, then got our own apartment.
  3. Worked at Citibank.
  4. Paid $110.00/week for daycare for TJ who was 3 years old.
  5. Regreted not being able to say good-bye to my grandmother who passed away in Las Vegas. I hated being away from my family.
5 YEARS AGO...
  1. Lived in Las Vegas, again. (Got bored in Delaware and missed my family too much.)
  2. Worked at the Venetian in the In-Suite Dining Department.
  3. Was going through tough times with my ex and decided after almost 9 yrs of marriage to call it quits.
  4. Was a much happier person after the split.
  5. Still had no idea what I wanted in life.
3 YEARS AGO...
  1. Opened Wynn Las Vegas.
  2. Was sitting in the employee dining room when I met Greg. He had some free tickets to the Le Reve show he was trying to get rid of, so I gladly took them off his hands. The following week, we went out on our 1st date, and the rest is history.
  3. Fell in love with Greg and 6 months later we eloped at the Little White Wedding Chapel on November 21, 2005 on his 28th birthday.
  4. Had a miscarriage :(
  5. Began reading The Book of Mormon.

1 YEAR AGO...

  1. Was sealed to my husband and son in the Las Vegas Temple for time & all eternity on April 20, 2007 on my 35th birthday. (Yes, we celebrate our anniversaries on both of our birthdays; and yes, I am older than him.)
  2. Two months later, we found out we were expecting. YAY!
  3. Got in a car accident on a Friday the 13th. Greg, TJ & I were rear ended & got whiplash and are still going for treatment. (Hey Brook or Tyler...how's the case coming along?)
  4. Served as 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency in the Sunset Ward (the best ward ever!)
  5. Finally got what I wanted in life...A "happily ever after."

SO FAR THIS YEAR...

  1. After 20 hours of labor, we welcomed the most beautiful girl in the world. She was born on January 28, 2008 at 3:55pm and weighed 7lb, 12oz, 21 inches. Her name is Caleigh Téa Robertson (CTR) and it means most beautiful goddess.
  2. I am enjoying being a stay at home mom.
  3. We've gone on 2 long road trips...one to Idaho (about 10 hours) and the other to Alberta, Canada (21 hours). Try that with an infant!!
  4. Moved from Henderson to Silverado Ranch, which means a new ward. So sad leaving the 1st ward I was ever a part of.
  5. I feel so blessed to be where I am right now. I know it is all thanks to our Heavenly Father and our Savior.
YESTERDAY...
  1. Slept in! That's one good thing about our new ward...it starts at 1pm.
  2. Took a late afternoon nap with Caleigh.
  3. Watched the show "Wipeout" with TJ.
  4. Don't remember what I had for dinner last night. (My mind must be going in my old age.)
  5. Don't remember much else, but I was most likely online at one point.
TODAY...
  1. Online, again...filling this thing out :P (Glad it's almost done...this thing is long.)
  2. Didn't leave the house.
  3. Fed Caleigh some peas, which she surprisingly liked.
  4. Got a call from the ward secretary wanting us to meet with the bishop.
  5. Greg got free tickets to see Bette Midler on Wednesday. I'm taking my mom.
TOMORROW...
  1. Spending time with Greg on his day off.
  2. Going to the library.
  3. Doing some laundry.
  4. Picking up some groceries.
  5. Make something for dinner? or grab some Los Burritos...our new favorite Mexican joint on Maryland/Silverado Ranch. Yummy stuff!
NEXT YEAR...
  1. My goal is to work on family history and do more temple work.
  2. Move to Canada? Maybe. Greg is getting homesick.
  3. Take a long vacation somewhere tropical...Jamaica, Hawaii, any place with a beach.
  4. Try for another little one so Caleigh can be a big sister.
  5. Continue living the gospel.


Whew..thought I'd never get that done. So now I have to tag someone. Hmmm...

Karen & Nicole ... you're IT!

2 comments:

HammondFam said...

It's interesting what you can learn about someone from a blogging survey -- we've never had much time to sit and chat about our lives. I'm so glad you met Greg...you guys are so cute together. You are a strong, brave woman. We need to make some time to hang out one of these days. 702.556.4781 -- call anytime! :)

I don't know if I have the energy to fill this survey out, but maybe it just might happen?!! :)

Karen said...

Okay Leslie I did it! :) Whew! I think I'm ready to call it a day.