A call came in this morning from our ward secretary saying that the bishop wanted to meet with Greg and me before Sacrament Meeting. I just thought he wanted to welcome us to the ward and get to know us. He did, but there was something else on the agenda as well. Yup, a calling. A calling for me to serve as 2nd Counselor in the Young Women Presidency.

It kinda took me by surprise since I am still fairly new to the ward. I was expecting him to have a calling for Greg too, but noooo. Greg got off easy. (haha) I just can't get a break...first Primary, now YW. (J/K) I was sustained and set apart today and attended YW for the first time. I met the new YW President and the other leaders who were very supportive. There were only about 6 girls in Young Women today, and they seem like a good group of girls. I look forward to serving them and learning a lot as well.










5 comments:
Yay! I think you will really love YW, it's so much fun! You're going to be great!
I second what Lindsay says. YW is so much fun! You will have a blast! Those girls are amazing.
I just got called in to YW's as well in our new ward. I am only an advisor though, so my work is pretty easy! :) You will do great in that calling -- the girls are really going to look up to you and admire you!
I third Lindsay's and Karen's comments! You will do great!
Thanks for all the support! I soooo feel the love :)
Post a Comment