Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Cleaning?!?!

I can't believe it's already the end of the month.
That means we only have about a month left before our big move to South Dakota.  
D'ya think I've even started packing?  HA!!!!!!!!  Not even close.  
I am the biggest procrastinator on the planet.
We did have a pretty fun month though.
Here's what we did...
Caleigh's 1st Easter Egg Hunt 
 We had a blast at my cousin's Easter Celebration.  Caleigh was the youngest one there, so she got a head start on all the other kids and made out pretty good.  Lots of fun toys for her & candy (for Mommy-hahaha).
My Mom's Birthday
We celebrated my Mom's 67th birthday this year with dinner at The Prime Rib Loft.  It was yummy!  Doesn't my mom look great?  Beauty runs in our family :)
My Birthday
My cousin & her family invited us over to celebrate my mom's & my birthday.  When we got there, we had a pleasant surprise waiting for us on the kitchen counter.  My niece & nephew, Payton & Nicholas, made us a cake!  It was so sweet of them to think of us like that!  And to top it off, it was the BEST birthday cake I'd ever tasted.  Mmmmmm!!!  Thanks kids :)
A Trip to Cali
For our anniversary & my birthday, we had a weekend getaway to LA.  We stayed at the Hilton in Glendale (thanks to Priceline...it was only $55/nt).  We also visited my sisters who treated us to some good eats while we were there.  I also enjoyed my breakfast in bed, and although Caleigh was missing her crib, she still had a fun time, too.  
Leyla & Matt's Wedding
While we were in LA, we attended one of my oldest & dearest friends wedding.  I've known Leyla for 30 years...since we were in 2nd grade together.  It was great being able to see her walk down the aisle.  It makes me happy to see her happy.  It was a beautiful wedding.

Well, that's a wrap up of our April.
Now it's time to get to work on getting us packed.  
Spring cleaning...fun, fun!!!

No comments: